- Several states are now requiring that a flu shot be offered to all residents.
- Many communities offer this to their residents proactively as well.
- We’re happy to announce that AL Advantage will now offer two new options in the drop-down menu within the Service Plan module.
- “Flu Shot Offered”
- “Flu Shot Taken”
- The new selections can be accessed using the following steps:
Step 1 – Select the appropriate resident name from the “FIND A RESIDENT” drop-down menu, then Click on the “RESIDENTS” Button at the top left of the screen
Step 2 – Click on the “SERVICE PLAN” Tab
Step 3 – Click on the “ADD TO PLAN” Button – A new row, displaying today’s date, will be added to the screen.
Step 4 – Click on the “EDIT INFO” Button on the right side of the new row
Step 5 – In the “NEED/PROBLEM” Field, either select one of the “Flu” selections from the drop-down menu OR begin typing the word “Flu” and the selections will be displayed.
Step 6 – Click on the appropriate selection for your situation. Either:
- “Flu Shot Offered” or
- “Flu Shot Taken”
Step 7 – Complete the remaining fields, as needed
Step 8 – If appropriate, click the “ADD INTERVENTION” Button to enter information for “GOALS” and “INTERVENTIONS”.
Step 9 – IMPORTANT – Click on the “SAVE” Button to complete the entry and store the information in the resident’s record.
- These new “Flu Shot” options will also be included in two reports. See samples in screenshots below:
“Service Plan Log” Report
- This report can be accessed using the following steps:
Step 1 – Click on the “REPORTS” Button at the top of the screen
Step 2 – Click on the “RESIDENT CARE REPORTS” Tab
Step 3 – Click on the “SERVICE PLAN LOG” Button with the description – “A list of your community’s care plans last updated over a specific date range.”
Step 4 – Enter the desired begin and end date for the search and click on the “RUN REPORT” button.
Step 5 – Any Flu Shot entries will be included in the “SERVICE PLAN LOG” Report, as shown below.
“View or Print Resident Service Plan”
- The process for viewing or printing a Resident Service Plan has not changed.
- Below is an example of the “Flu Shot” entries in a Service Plan.